Sunday, May 1, 2011

Movie review: Fast Five (and other such important news)

Saw Fast Five tonight. It was alright, everything I expected it to be; action, cars, lots of butts. Much like the other four movies. I would give it probably 2 1/2 - 3 stars out of 4, which isn't terrible. Admittedly the dialogue was super thin, but you don't go into a movie like this and expect to be wowed by what the characters are saying. Don't pay full price for it, but it's a fun distraction for two hours. 

However, I suppose more importantly, as I was walking out of the theater I was informed that the known terrorist and accused mastermind of the destruction of the World Trade Center, Osama bin Laden, was killed today by American operatives in Pakistan. I'm currently watching the coverage on CNN of the crowds gathered excitedly outside the White House. All I can say is holy balls fucking finally. Interesting that people have chosen to take to the streets around the country. I suppose in a time when our country agrees on next to nothing, it's nice to be able to take time to put that aside and just breathe a sigh of relief for one night. AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! COMIN' ALONG TO SAVE THE MOTHA FUCKIN' DAY YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment