Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I would hit it so hard that whomsoever removes it shall be the next King of England...

So I'm watching the new series Camelot on starz and I'm a little unsure of how to feel about it. Thus far it's been fairly good exposition but I don't know about the players. It's mostly unknown people, although Joseph Fiennes is Merlin and Claire Forlani is Queen Igraine. I suppose that's the advantage of an extensive story being told on a network that's had good success with their original shows though, they can introduce the unknown and people will still watch. It's worked for the Spartacus series.

So far we have Arthur, who was removed from his mother's arms at birth by Merlin and given to another family to be raised, with no knowledge of his lineage, in order to keep him from becoming totalitarian like his father. Morgan, his half sister, who believes the throne is her birth right and will stop at nothing to obtain it, including black magic. Merlin, who has visions of Arthur uniting the kingdom but expects to control him as well. Kay, Arthur's loyal adoptive brother who has come with him to Camelot to help him achieve his goals. And Guinevere, who Arthur has fallen in love with, but is married to one of his knights.

I'll keep watching though, I'm looking forward to the introduction of more key characters and so forth.

And I do have to say, on a shallow point, the man who plays King Arthur's brother is smokin' hot. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment